Monday, February 22, 2010

There's nothing better...

When it comes to hair, together my friends and I have probably covered every style imaginable. 1 friend has chemically relaxed hair, 3 are natural, 2 are in transition to going natural and currently in the "growing out" phase, 2 has extensions, 2 currently went a-la Amber Rose, and between all of that at least one person has the latest Rhianna cut!

Thinking of this took me back to a conversation I had with a white co-worker a couple months ago. This day, I wore my hair naturally curly, which is something I don't do often at work. She was amazed that just yesterday my hair was flowing and straight and today it was a totally different texture and style completely. She then continued to speak about how she wished her hair could transform so she could wear different styles - her hair is simply straight and limp and can not hold a decent curl to save her life. Amazingly another co-worker joined the conversation and mentioned she has the same problem.

This simple conversation and comparison of hair reconfirmed and strengthened my pride of my Crown & Glory. Although we have our ups and downs and I hate my hair from time to time...I wouldn't trade it for the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment