Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today was a good day...

So for some reason, in the past two days I've been in a very good mood. Maybe it's because I'm about to close one chapter of my life and start another. Maybe it's because Chicago finally has some decent Spring weather...finally! I'm not sure and I can't quite put my finger on it but I know for sure, when my hair looks good, I feel good!

And today was one of those days. Yes, I said it. I (as well as my hair) looked good today.

And what woman doesn't feel good when her Crown & Glory is looking nice, honestly? Have you ever been trying to get ready to go out with your girls and you spend 30 minutes trying on 3o different outfits but nothing seems to work? Then you notice your hair is still wrapped or pin-curled so you can't get a complete "feel" for the whole look so you try it again after your hair is finished. Well maybe it's just me, but I feel MUCH better when my hair is popped! (That means it looks really nice for you slow people).

Call it vain, arrogance or confidence but for me, my hair is a direct reflection of my personality and I think it is the most important first impression one can have on people - even more than clothes. Now some would disagree with me on this. People take a lot of pride in their clothes, which is a great thing. I'm not knocking you if you do! However, I believe keeping your hair healthy and well groomed is a direct reflection of your personal hygiene, which in my opinion is way more important than clothing.

So yeah, today was a good day. The sun was out (80 degrees in Chicago), my shades were on and my perfectly feathered light brown hair, parted down the middle was flowing in the wind!!! What's better than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment