Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"A Passion Deferred..."


We've all heard it a thousand times: "Follow your passion and the money will follow!" As I embark into my second year out of college, I like many of my peers wonder what my next steps will be. I've also once heard, "If you could do one thing in the world for free what would it be?"

Well for me that one thing would be hair. I love this stuff, can't get enough! Anyone who knows me can attest that hair is the one thing I can talk about all day and let's face it, hair is the one thing I've done for free in the past over and over again! And to be honest...not once did I complain about money. My friends are often surprised when I tell them I gave myself a relaxer for the first time when I was in the 8th grade. Some women my age can't even flat iron their own hair....let alone give themselves a relaxer (no offense to any of my girls...lol).

Now I'm all for following one's passion, however; I am also a realist. My current lifestyle filled with school loans, planning a wedding, and other obligations do not warrant me to completely forgo Corporate America and start a new career right now. So I figured instead of jumping into the cosmetology field right away, this blog can serve that purpose until I'm ready to go after that passion. We'll just call it a "passion deferred" for now.

Hope you enjoy all that I have in store, because let's face it...what woman doesn't cherish their Crown & Glory!?!

1 comment:

  1. awww yay! your first commenter! (am i too geeked?? lol) speaking of girls who can't flatiron their own hair (not like you anyway), can you come do mine??? I have been doing ok (havent been to the beauty shop since SEPTEMBER! which is amazing for my every 6 wk self) but I have mostly been wearing it in its natural state or wet set only flat ironed it twice.... yayyy I got to ask you questions via blog now!

    ReplyDelete